A competent and results-driven professional with over 18 years of experience. A strong record of achievement in: providing the necessary executive chef, food preparation, kitchen management, personnel motivation, and front/back-of-the-house food and beverage operations expertise to ensure streamlined restaurant operations, customer satisfaction, and increased proficiency. Rio hotel casino.
• Trained under the following renown chefs: Ted Beck, Leo Smith, Chuck Becker, George Paulsean
• Cuisines: Southwest, Mexican, Italian, Pacific Rim, and American Cuisines.
• Expertise includes: Food/Labor and Menu Costs, Labor Costs, Menu Planning, Recipe Development, Inventory Control, Food Portioning, Food Preparation and Presentation, Sanitation/Cleanliness, OSHA Compliance.
• Excellent interpersonal communicating, listening and negotiating skills, coupled with the ability to establish and maintain rapport with all levels of personnel, kitchen staff, executives, management and clients.
• BILINGUAL: ENGLISH / SPANISH
• Proven background at high levels of personnel development and training, encompassing: leadership, team building, planning, organizing, and problem-solving, all of which realized significant contributions to bottom-line results.
Detail Oriented • People Oriented • Service Oriented • Results/Profit Oriented
8/13 - Present CHINS CHINS NEW YORK, NEW YORK HOTEL &, CASINO, Las Vegas, Nevada
• Set-up all mis', en plaz', for morning buffet, to include, but not limited: overseeing complete sanitation procedures, training staff on proper temperatures and food handling procedures, checking in orders, administering temperatures, and assigning staff breaks when necessary.
• Maintain entire buffet area operations while ensuring complete coverage of all menu items at all times, as well as maintaining a thoroughly sanitized buffet area.
9/12 - 2/13 NITTAYA',S SECRET THAI KITCHEN, Las Vegas, Nevada
• Similar responsibilities to position held at previous restaurants.
8/12 - 1/13 CLS OF NEVADA, Las Vegas, Nevada
Executive Limousine Host - MGM Resorts
Rio all suite hotel and casino reviews
• Coordinated and accommodated limousine transportation on behalf of guests and high-profile celebrities throughout City of Las Vegas.
6/11 - Present SANDS EXPO CENTER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Master Cook (on-call availability per Executive Chef)
• Perform saucier and banquets, exposition cooking, soups and butchery.
5/09 - 6/11 LUCKY CLUB CASINO, Las Vegas, Nevada
• Similar responsibilities to position held with Via Brazil Steakhouse.
• Recognized for significantly enhancing image, sanitation, cleanliness and overall operational profitability through increasing rating from "D" to an overall "A" restaurant rating.
10/08 - 7/09 VIA BRAZIL STEAKHOUSE, Las Vegas, Nevada
• Oversaw food and food costs, and sanitation, inventory control of meats, poultry, seafood, vegetables and fruits, menu development, implementation of sanitation protocols, all of which resulting in highly efficient and smooth flowing back-of-the-house food and beverage operations.
11/07 - 10/08 RIO HOTEL &, CASINO, Las Vegas, Nevada
Executive Sous Chef -The Rub Barbeque
• Perform a diverse range of responsibilities to include, but not limited to: food preparation, ordering food and supplies, controlling of food and labor costs, scheduling and overseeing staff productivity, while ensuring compliance with all OSHA rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
2006 - 2007 WILD TRUFFELS, Las Vegas, Nevada
• Similar responsibilities to position held at Rio Hotel &, Casino.
2004 - 2006 EL JEFE',S MEXICAN RESTAURANT &,CATINA, Las Vegas, Nevada
• Bottom-line restaurant chef responsibilities encompassing all aspects of front/back-of-the-house operations, including: recipe and menu development, scheduling personnel, controlling food and labor costs, training front-of-the-house staff on new product implementation, training and motivating front and back-of-the-house staff, expedited food service and providing excellent customer service.
2002 - 2003 GUADALAJARA RESTAURANT, Las Vegas, Nevada
Specialty Room Chef (Palace Station Hotel &, Casino)
2001 - 2002 TENAYA CREEK RESTAURANT &, BREWERY, Las Vegas, Nevada
1999 - 2001 MALIBU CHAN',S CALIFORNIA CAFE &, SUSHI BAR, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sous Chef - Four Star Establishment
• Developed daily specials and new menu items, recipient of "Zagat Survey Award", 2001.
• Oversaw quality control, portioning, and inventory, scheduled and supervised up to 16 cooks, and educated wait staff in special dishes. Additionally managed health/sanitation procedures, maintained "A" ratings since grand opening.
• Organized on-site banquets and catering for off-site events, staffed banquets for VIP',s - John Ensign, and Universal Paramount Studio executives.
• Prepared and presented dishes for 2000 Food Network Show - Las Vegas Hilton Hotel &, Casino.
1999 - 2002 TENAYA CREEK RESTAURANT &, BREWERY, Las Vegas, Nevada
1998 - 1999 EMERALD SPRINGS HOLIDAY INN, Las Vegas, Nevada
1995 - 1998 ROSALITA',S, Las Vegas, Nevada
Assistant Chef (Sunset Station Hotel &, Casino)
• Hired, trained, scheduled, motivated, disciplined, and supervised 12 employees.
Rio suite hotel and casino
• Performed menu planning, inventory control, and food presentation.
• Received "Performance Management" Certificate of Appreciation.
• Promoted quality customer service - accommodated special requests for guests.
• Appeared on KVBC - Channel 3 "Restaurant of the Week" segment in 1998.
• Promoted from initial Cook/Certified Trainer positions - Texas Station',s Laredo.
1992 - 1995 GARCIA',S, Las Vegas, Nevada
SafeServ Re-certification, 2014
COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN NEVADA
Concentration: Baking / Basic Cookery Classes
References Available Upon Request.